Here are a few things to try if you are having trouble logging in to the website, whether you are an existing member who has been asked to create a new password, or a new member who is unable to login successfully after registering:
If you are trying to access the website on a PC or laptop, we advise that you use Chrome or Firefox as these are the most compatible browsers.
Clear the cache
Sometimes when you try to login multiple times a cache is created which is a collection of items of the same type which are stored in a hidden or inaccessible place, meaning that no matter how many times you try to login the browser will remember this and can be stuck in a loop. Here is how to clear the cache in Chrome and Firefox:
1. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner to bring up a menu
2. Click “Settings”
3. Click “+ Show advanced settings”
4. Under Privacy, click “Clear browsing data…”
5. Make sure “Cached images and files” is ticked
6. Click “Clear browsing data”
7. Close settings tab, and refresh Hackney Matters website
1. Click the 3 lines in the top right corner to bring up a menu
2. Click “Options”
3. Click “Privacy & Security” on the left menu
4. Under “Cached Web Content”, click “Clear Now”
5. Close options tab, and refresh Hackney Matters website
Reset your password
It is very easy to create a password and then when you try to login you realise you are unable to. This could be because you typed one letter incorrectly, or it could be because you have so many passwords for different sites that it is easy to forget which one is for which.
On the login page, click “Forgot your password”, enter your email for a password reset request. Passwords can take up to 20 minutes to arrive, but it is usually much quicker than that. If you do not receive an email in your inbox, be sure to check your junk mail or spam folder in case it is in there.
If you have tried the above and are still having trouble logging in, Click here and write to us stating your full name, email address, telephone number and the issue you are having, and we will aim to get back to you as quick as possible to resolve this.